Create Change Character Pledge
As an a member of the Create Change community, I pledge to accept the Create Change Tenants of Character as expressed in the following five core values.
AUTHENTICITY: LIVE AND WORK AS YOUR TRUE-SELF.
- BE COMMITTED: Set high standards for your goals and meet deadlines.
- BE COURAGEOUS: Stand up for what you believe is the truth and support it with evidence.
- BE HONEST: Use words and actions that are sincere, not misleading. Create no clickbait, sensationalism, or gossip.
- BE DISCIPLINED: Remain dedicated and self-controlled, even in chaotic situations.
- BE RESILIENT: Learn from mistakes and losses; seize the opportunity to improve. Blame no one.
RESPECT: TREAT EVERYONE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF CREATE CHANGE THE WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED.
- BE ACCEPTING: Support everyone’s worth and dignity, regardless of background, abilities or beliefs.
- BE CONSIDERATE: Always be aware of and honor others’ rights and feelings.
- BE ATTENTIVE: Be ready to learn from the Create Change executives as well as everyone on the team.
- BE ENCOURAGING: Demonstrate concern for the growth and development of all others with actions.
- BE APPRECIATIVE: Value the guidance of supportive Create Change members.
ACCOUNTABILITY: EMBRACE OPPORTUNITIES TO CONTRIBUTE.
- BE HELPFUL: Understand and advance the vision of Create Change’s positive goals in all your tasks.
- BE CONSCIENTIOUS: Take risks, but be aware and careful of the choices you make.
- BE RESPONSIBLE: Use proper accreditation and copyright for all media that requires it.
- BE PERSEVERING: Work through difficulty and discouragement in pursuit of collective objectives.
- BE RELIABLE: Prove by your actions that others can depend on you.
FAIRNESS: DO YOUR BEST TO FIND TRUTH BY KEEPING AN OPEN-MIND.
- BE COOPERATIVE: Participate in Create Change’s mutual quest for excellence as a team effort.
- BE NON-PARTISIAN: Show no favoritism to one political ideology in any project you create for Create Change.
- BE GRACIOUS: Savor the challenge of a tough assignment and meet it with your finest performance.
- BE HONORABLE: Respect the organization and everyone’s contributions.
- BE HUMBLE: Share the credit for all work done for Create Change. No one person can do this alone.
SERVICE: SERVE THE COMMON GOOD WITH HANDS ON SOLUTIONS.
- BE EMPOWERING: Inspire and help others to grow, succeed and lead by example.
- BE VISIONARY: Raise expectations for yourself and the team.
- BE INTERCONNECTED: Recognize the vital link between individual effort and group achievement.
- BE GENEROUS: Freely contribute hard work and support to reach Create Change’s vision.
- BE ENERGETIC: Initiate action, do what needs to be done within your project scope.